Decibel publisher Red Flag Media is seeking two interns for marketing and editorial positions to work on Decibel and our sister publication, JUMP. Requirements include ability to commit to 10-15 hours per week at Red Flag Media HQ in Philadelphia and a love of all things related to extreme metal and/or the Philadelphia music scene. Additional skills and responsibilities are explained below.
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills
– Interest in sales, marketing or advertising as they pertain to the music industry
– Performing analysis of web traffic and social media engagement
– Conducting research on print and online advertising data for competitor industry publications
– Provide support to social media efforts
– Provide support for live events, including Decibel Metal & Beer Fest, the Decibel Tour and JUMP events
– PowerPoint, Word and Excel experience is a bonus, and will be considered when choosing the best applicant for this internship position.
– Skilled writer with extensive underground metal knowledge or knowledge of independent Philadelphia music (including hip-hop, punk, indie)
– Basic knowledge of WordPress / web design
– Web savvy / Provide support to social media efforts
Please email all resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Decibel Intern” and the position you are interested in. Please note that these are unpaid positions, but are eligible for college credit and you will gain valuable experience. Seriously—I started as an intern in Summer 2016 and this is my full-time job now. I still haven’t had to use the coffee maker.