There’s some indication that nuevo thrash gods Municipal Waste are, to put it mildly, a tad nutty. Case in point, the Richmondians’ near-takeover of the Deciblog. Search for Municipal Waste in our handy dandy search mechanism and not one but FIVE pages turn up. Inside those five pages you’ll find the Waste with long dong porn legend Ron Jeremy, riding Seattle’s Space Needle like a pony, zany self-penned tour blogs, a stream of the group’s Toxic Waste 7″ (clutch!), yet another stream of Municipal Waste’s “Religion Proof” flexi disc sickness, and, to top it off, a coverboys appearance in dB #89. Hell, they’ve even managed to squirm their circle pit riff-centric selves into Decibel’s 100th Issue Celebration Show on January 19th in Philly.
So, now that Decibel has turned into Municipal Waste’s, uh, “dumping ground” (sure to be a so-called Superfund Site by end of 2013), we have no choice but to host the best Municipal Waste contest in like ever. No choice. They’ve already threatened to call Emilio Estevez to release an unlimited broadcast license to the Men at Work film, which is almost like promising to break Geneva Conventions for human cruelty. We naturally capitulated.
In the best contest ever, one lucky Wastoid will win:
1. MUNICIPAL WASTE “The Fatal Feast” CD
2. MUNICIPAL WASTE Shirt – Size Medium
3. MUNICIPAL WASTE 10” Single (limited to 500)
4. Napalm Death “Utilitarian” CD
5. Napalm Death Shirt – Size Medium
6. Exhumed Shirt – Size Large
7. Dayglo Abortions “Live 2011” CD
8. Dayglo Abortions Shirt – Size Large
9. Dayglo Abortions Girlie Shirt – Size Small
10. The Dwarves “We Only Came to Get High” 7”
11. Attitude Adjustment “The Collection” CD
12. Attitude Adjustment “No Way Back” CD
13. Attitude Adjustment Shirt – Size Large
14. Speedwolf “Ride With Death” CD
15. Speedwolf Shirt – Size Medium
16. Vektor “Black Future” CD
17. Vektor “Outer Isolation” CD
Why? Don’t you worry. How? Oh, just send us an email HERE.
Oh, lest we forget (cue Bolt Thrower’s …For Victory, please), Municipal Waste, Napalm Death, Exhumed, Dayglo Abortions, Speedwolf, Attitude Adjustment, and the Dwarves are on tour now. If you missed it, well, you’re a Lääz Rockit riff. But there are tour dates remaining. Go, have fun, and tell your kids how you did the “toxic waste” dance, which is a derivative of the “toxic waltz” dance.
11/21/12 Buster’s – Lexington, KY
11/23/12 Kingdom – Richmond, VA
11/24/12 Tremont Music Hall – Charlotte, NC
11/25/12 J.J.’s Bohemia – Chattanooga, TN
11/26/12 Zydeco – Birmingham, AL
11/27/12 Siberia – New Orleans, LA
11/30/12 Terminal West – Atlanta, GA
12/01/12 Orpheum Theater – Tampa, FL
12/02/12 Grand Central – Miami, FL **Barge To Hell Pre-Party**
12/3-7/12 Barge To Hell Cruise
** Visit and like Municipal Waste on Facebook.